Tuesday 14 February 2012

The work I've submitted is a range of recent and past work, created during the Extended Diploma in Art and Design course that I'm currently completing. I've added a sentence for each piece to explain what it is and to give each piece a size scale. I enjoy watching comedy and panel shows in my spare time. I also like to read gritty and dramatic novels such as Martina Cole's fictional novels. Another thing that interests me is learning (and hopefully one day experiencing) big, cultural and industrial cities like Tokyo and New York. When researching this course, the possibility of traveling to places like New York really appealed to me, not only because of the experience, but also because of the great opportunities it possesses. I've been to Manchester several times and every time I've always had a great time, I love the area and the city center, and how busy and vibrant it is, so I was immediately interested in finding out about a suitable course here. After going to the Design Your Future Fair, and finding out more about MMU and the Graphic Design course I found that it was what I was looking for. There are certain aspects of this course that really excite me, for example: doing live competition briefs, for great competitions such as D&AD. I also recognize the specializing aspect as a crucial step within the course and I think it's advantageous that I will get the chance to focus in on one of those two areas and disciplines and to then further develop myself. I was also impressed to find that MMU and specifically this course, was praised by other Universities also.

No comments:

Post a Comment